Cloud-Based Medical Office Software & Billing Services User Forum Medisoft UPDATED~NEW TO MEDISOFT~NEG BALANCE/OVERPAYMENT ISSUE!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ahmed Khaled

Hello,I am in need of a report that shows negative patient payment balances. Here is my dilemma: Whomever posted before I came to this office, would post the patient payment to the office visit for the day or to whatever charge is open & posted (by the time the patient payment was received). This has created an "overpayment" amount or "negative balance" on the account once the EOB came back showing that said "visit" paid in full. In turn, other "visits" on the accounts DID have a balance (patient responsibility i.e. deductible,coinsurance, etc.). Therefore, showing a patient balance still existing for them. When the patients call, after receiving a statement, they tell me they've already paid. When I find their payment, it is posted to the visit that was paid in full by the insurance and not to the correct one with the balance. This was done over and over again with the biller never moving the payment to the correct Date of Service. So, I am in need of a report that will show me patients that have a credit balance or negative patient balance. I have yet to find one in Medisoft and it may be that I am missing it some how. Any help is much obliged.thank you  😀UPDATE: I found this on the web....this is my exact problem!EXAMPLE:    98940 is billed for $35.  You post in Medisoft a $20.00 payment (copay).  The payer, though, does not apply this charge to the copayment due and pays $35, resulting  in a remainder credit of $20.00 for this line.    97012 is billed for $30.00.  The payer applies the $20.00 copayment to this line and pays $10.00, resulting in a remainder balance of $20.00.    Note that the 2 lines above should offset so there should be a $0 remainder balance for this claim.    However, Medisoft is showing the line with the remainder balance (the 97012 for $20.00 in the above example) and not crediting the negative line to offset.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.