Cloud-Based Medical Office Software & Billing Services User Forum ICD-10 Is RelayHealth ready for more than 4 diagnosis codes?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robert Gabriel
    Keymaster

Question from: Dr. Lauren Nappen

Well I am plugging way at changing my codes. One questions… do you know if Relay is ready for more than 4 diagnosis codes? There was a time when I was putting 5 or 6 in and they flagged it as unprocessable. I don’t’ want to wait my time putting them in if the same thing will happen.
    Thanks!

Medisoft more than 4 ICD codes

Robert Gabriel
    Keymaster

Yes Medisoft version 19 or 20 are ready for more than 4 diagnosis. You can have up to 12 diagnosis regardless of you are sending electronics or paper, however each CPT code can have only 4 diagnosis or pointers but the claim can have up to 12. This is not a limitation to the Medisoft or the clearinghouse this is the way claims work.

Robert Gabriel
    Keymaster

Respond:Well that’s funny. I read your response and I don’t understand… it really makes no sense why I would bother to put up to 12 codes in a claim but need to uncheck them so only 4 are attached to a procedure code.
    This new medical world seems a bit insane to me.

Robert Gabriel
    Keymaster

You can have 12 ICD per claim because sometimes each line needs different ICD codes please see attached example .

Ahmed Khaled

I am having problems with my Medisoft v19 including more than 4 DX codes on the electronic claim. I have no problem printing a paper claim with more than 4 dx codes. Just the electronic claims. Any suggestions?

Lawrence G
    Participant

Poxyphil, electronic claims are limited to 4 diagnosis per CPT code and this is an ANSI5010 requirement.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.