Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Robert Gabriel
    Keymaster

Hi. I inherited a poorly managed medisoft database where the previous biller used medisoft to file claims but rarely/never entered payments or deposits, or copays. I'm trying to get this beast back on track but I need a way to make the old claims look complete without entering false payment information. I know this is more of a style than a software issue but I'm happy for any guidance on what people do to take care of this. Until I get rid of these years' worth of claims that I have no idea if they have paid or not, my reports will be useless. Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Ahmed Khaled

Hi Kimbo,Unfortunately this happens all the time, you have 2 options:
    1. Do Accounting reset, must be done by a certified professional like https://www.microwize.com , this will make a new data for you will everything except account balance and charges. You will have 2 databases  the old and the new.

2. You can clean your accounting by running aging reports, find out which charges need to be cleaned, go to deposit list then receive zero EOB then start adjusting all the open balance, I will recommend a new adjustment code call it something like "Cleanup"
    If you need additional help contact Microwize at 800-955-0321 option 1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.